Thursday 18 March 2010

Evaluation: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages

During the creation of my media product I have had the option to use many different types of technologies that were essential in creating an effective music video. One of the most important technologies that I have used was Final Cut express. I used Final Cut effectively by using a vast range of the effects available on the editing software such as the effect strobe and the effect colour corrector to improve the footage that I had already filmed. The most efficient ability that Final Cut offered is the ability to overlay tracks of footage so that you can reduce the size of the clip easily. It also meant we could have clips on different layers so that we could have the footage of the band singing throughout the video as a constant, instead of continuously synchronising the clip and the sound. Another important feature of Final Cut that I utilised is the ability for Final Cut to use the effect Chroma Key. Although I did not use this effect to any great lengths I did attempt to use it within our music video because it is such a valuable effect. However, during the circumstances of the music video, I did not work due to large differences in colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment